Four years after the broadcast of its first feature film, the Rascal Does Not Dream series is about to return to the big screen, with the film Rascal Does Not Dream of a Sister Venturing Out (Seishun Buta Yarou wa Odekake Sister no Yume wo Minai), whose release date has just been announced by the project’s official website.
First unveiled in September 2022, this installment will adapt the eighth volume of the original light novel by Hajime Kamoshida and Keji Mizoguchi, and directly follows the events of the film Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl, released in 2019 and which is itself a follow-up to the first season of the series released a year earlier.
The plot, promotional posters, trailer, production team, artistic cast, and more: in this article, find all the essential information about this new feature film! Note that simultaneously with this film, the production of the anime Rascal Does Not Dream of a Knapsack Kid has also been formalized. The latter will adopt the ninth volume of the novel, although its format has not been specified for the moment.
What is the release date of Rascal Does Not Dream of a Sister Venturing Out?
Rascal Does Not Dream of a Sister Venturing Out ( Seishun Buta Yarou wa Odekake Sister no Yume wo Minai), directed by animation studio CloverWorks, is scheduled for release in the summer of 2023 in Japan.
For the moment, we do not yet know if this feature film will be entitled to be broadcast in our French cinemas.
It is Soichi Masui ( Rascal Does Not Dream series ) who carries out the project at the animation studio CloverWorks ( Bocchi the Rock! / Akebi’s Sailor Uniform ). Masahiro Yokotani ( Re: ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- ) signs the script composition while Tamura Satomi is credited as the character designer.
As for the casting, we find the following main actors:
- Kaito Ishikawa by Sakuta Azusagawa
- Asami Seto as Mai Sakurajima
- Yurika Kubo as Kaede Azusagawa
- Nao Toyama as Tom Koga
- Atsumi Tanezaki, dans le rôle de Rio Futaba
- Maaya Uchida as Nodoka Toyohama
- Inori Minase, dans le rôle de Shoko Makinohara
This new film Rascal Does Not Dream is adapted from the eponymous light novel, written by Hajime Kamoshida and illustrated by Keji Mizoguchi, published in April 2014 by the Japanese publisher KADOKAWA. In addition, the original novel has several manga adaptations, two of which can be found in France at Ototo editions.
Rascal Does Not Dream of a Sister Venturing Out Movie Synopsis
What must be done to make his wish come true?
After a grueling December, Sakuta is fast approaching the end of his second year of high school. Since Mai is in their third year, they don’t have much time left to spend together before graduation.
Meanwhile, Kaede manages to venture outside again, slowly but surely. As she gradually finds her bearings, she decides that her new goal will be to go to her brother’s high school!
More than anyone, Sakuta knows how difficult this ordeal will be for his sister, and the young man is ready to support her with all his might. But is that really what she wants?
This anime is adapted from the eponymous light novel by Hajime Kamoshida and Keji Mizoguchi.
- Genre: Comedy, Romance, Drama, School Life, Slice of Life, Supernatural
- Release date: summer 2023
- Œuvre originale: Hajime Kamoshida, Keiji Mizoguchi
- Studio d’animation : CloverWorks
- Director: Soichi Masui
- Scénaliste: Masahiro Yokotani
- Chara Design : Satomi Tamura
- Sakuta Azusagawa: Kaito Ishikawa
- Mai Sakurajima : Asami Seto
- Kaede Azusagawa: Yurika Kubo
- Tome Koga: Nao Toyama
- Rio Futaba : Atsumi Tanezaki
- Nodoka Toyohama : Maaya Uchida
- Shoko Makinohara : Inori Minase
- Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai : 13 épisodes – 2018 – Wakanim
- Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl : 1h29 – 2019